Preparing, Training and Recruiting High-Quality Teachers and Principals
The purpose of the program is to increase student academic achievement through strategies such as improving teacher and principal quality and increasing the number of highly qualified teachers in the classroom and highly qualified principals and assistant principals in schools.
All activities under Title II are based on a needs assessment for professional development and hiring. Funds will be used to:
- recruit and hire highly qualified teachers to reduce class size
- promote retention of highly qualified teachers by implementing a teacher mentoring program
- provide professional activities that improve the knowledge of teachers and principals and , in appropriate cases, paraprofessionals
All professional development activities are:
- included in the LEA Professional Development Plan
- high quality, sustained, intensive, and classroom focused in order to have a positive and lasting impact on classroom instruction and
- not one day or short term workshops or conferences
Funds will be shared equitability with private schools in the district that wish to participate.